We are your one stop Sylvan Lake chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Sylvan Lake chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Sylvan Lake company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Sylvan Lake chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Why Chimney Repairs Are Important
Our CSIA-Certified Chimney Sweeps use state-of-the-art equipment to inspect and sweep 1st- and 2nd-story chimneys of all kinds, including oil-, wood-, and gas-burning chimneys. While sweeping your system, we ensure that it is in working order. We look for any problems that could prevent peak performance and recommend what is needed for your system to burn cleanly and safely. When necessary, we use video inspection camera equipment to examine hidden parts of the flue.
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.
Chimney Restoration and Repair
Anyone that is dealing with a chimney that is settling or pulling away from a home needs to consult with a professional chimney repair company at once. There are many reasons why chimneys begin to detach from the rest of the home. The most cited reason is that the home is built on unsettled ground.
This can ultimately cause the heaviest part of a home, which is usually the flue, to detach as the ground or base begins to settle. This occurrence will make the vent very unstable and it does cause a significant safety hazard. Individuals that have chimney structural issues will need to consult with a professional company to fix the problem.
There are a number of solutions for a leaning chimney and some are better than others. One way to address the issue is with metal bars or cables. The contractor may suggest strapping the flue to the rest of the house for stability. This process involves adhering the flue to the rest of the home using a very strong material such as a metal strap.