We are your one stop West Deerfield chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge West Deerfield chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our West Deerfield company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a West Deerfield chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Types of Chimney Rebuilds
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.
The first step to determining if the flashing is the cause of the leak is to examine the chimney. The weakest points of the chimney are the top and sides. These are the areas that face the greatest UV and weather exposure, and therefore damage. Since is better protected, you will notice the side facing the ground does not have flashing. Inspect the base area for cracks or areas of water penetration.
The brick and mortar will expand and contract with seasonal change. Since the mortar is not elastomeric, this expansion and contraction can cause cracks. In addition, mortar is very porous and absorbs water that will freeze in cold climates. This freezing and thawing will destroy the mortar joint causing a potential leak and degrading the structural integrity of the chimney over time. Inspect the mortar joints for cracks.
If there are cracks in the chimney use a clear exterior elastomeric caulk to seal the cracks. You can also use an exterior masonary waterproofing sealant to coat the entire chimney. Be sure to use a clear elastomeric waterproofing sealant to maintain the color of the brick and mortar.
Roofing, Flashings, and Chimneys
Chimney/Furnace Cleaning - Fireplace Cleaning - Caps/Dampers - Gutter Cleaning - Dryer Vent Cleaning - Chimney Liners Chimney Rebuilding - Tuckpointing - Brick Replacement - Chimney Animal Removal - Emergency Unblockage Service Waterproofing - Flashing Repair - Crowns - Fireplace Repair - Window Glass Block - Parapet Wall
Masonry and Tuckpointing is often called to repair chimneys of historic structures common in Chicago. Older chimneys were built for the high heat of coal burning. These coal-burning heavy-duty chimneys are not ideal for today’s use of gas for heating and lead to increased water condensation and resulting damage including chimney cracks and leaks. Older structures and their chimneys often make it difficult to properly match the color of brick and mortar with today's materials. We have the experience and know-how to do it right.