We are your one stop Wadsworth chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Wadsworth chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Wadsworth company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Wadsworth chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Reasons to Reline Your Chimney
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.
Chimney fire is usually caused due to the improper cleaning and maintenance of the chimney. For better and safe chimney functions it is better to clean the chimney thoroughly once in a year, especially before winter season comes. Chimney cleaning is not a tough task; you can do it with little effort. However, you can take help of some professional chimney sweep.
- Breathing mask
- Chimney brush and chimney rods
- Drop cloths or old sheets
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Measuring tape
- Old clothes
- Small mirror
- Sweeping brush and pan or vacuum
- Weather-resistant mortar
How to Seal Chimney Flashing
There are two common rebuilds of a chimney: partial and full. Partial chimney rebuilds are mostly done above the roof or the top few courses of a chimney, which generally also requires a new crown. Full chimney rebuilds consist of completely rebuilding the fireplace and chimney. This service consists of demolishing the outer layer of brick on a chimney system and adding a new crown. With a full rebuild, the firebox, smoke chamber, and hearth do not typically have to be replaced. Chimney rebuilds are required when the chimney is leaning, has extensive masonry damage,or vertical cracking has occurred.