We are your one stop Sylvan Lake chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Sylvan Lake chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Sylvan Lake company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Sylvan Lake chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
How to Seal Chimney Flashing
Fireplace chimney repair. Gas and wood fireplaces add beauty and value to your home, but they also add to your maintenance responsibilities. Fireplace chimney maintenance should take into account the unique nature of these chimneys such as fireplace liner systems, special fireplace caps and water condensation and accumulation of creosote and other residue. We're experts in the repair of Chicago fireplace chimneys. Waterproofing Chicago chimneys. Dampness in your attic is often the first sign of chimney trouble. Hairline cracks can occur even in new construction because of mortar shrinking during the curing process. Masonry materials are porous and absorb water. Defective mortar joints and deteriorating brick result and lead to even greater water damage. Several new products are effective at waterproofing chimneys. These new sealants allow the masonry to breathe out condensation but not take it in. We can discuss options with you to stop water damage and save you from the major expense of a rebuilding your entire chimney in the future.
Chimney repairs may seem like something you don't have to address immediately. A small crack may appear cosmetic, and you may not want to pay for them because you think they may be too costly; especially right now with Christmas right around the corner. However, it's also right before the weather turns cold and it's in cold weather that you will use your fireplace more than any other time of year. You can also rest assured that if you do not take care of chimney repairs immediately, they will become more costly than you could ever imagine.
Chimney fire is usually caused due to the improper cleaning and maintenance of the chimney. For better and safe chimney functions it is better to clean the chimney thoroughly once in a year, especially before winter season comes. Chimney cleaning is not a tough task; you can do it with little effort. However, you can take help of some professional chimney sweep.
- Breathing mask
- Chimney brush and chimney rods
- Drop cloths or old sheets
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Measuring tape
- Old clothes
- Small mirror
- Sweeping brush and pan or vacuum
- Weather-resistant mortar
What Causes Chimneys to Develop Cracks?
- Chimney Repairs - Chimneys are essential for ventilating smoke away from your home. Structural damages to chimneys can be repaired and the color can be matched to hide traces of the repair work.
- Concrete Restoration - This is a crucial aspect where damages to the concrete surfaces are restored with the use of latest technology and equipment. These damages can occur from accidents or as a result of the elements in our region, wind, rain, snow and ice.
Maintenance and masonry repair work along with concrete restoration of your home becomes a herculean task due to several factors involved. Problems like spalled bricks are tough to repair. You need expert workmanship to undertake these crucial tasks as the safety and security of structural architecture depends on successful restoration work. For every homeowner, one's home is their most proud possession and its timely maintenance saves from serious damages in the future. Restoration work typically consists of removal of damaged parts and restoration with appropriate matching materials and style to offer a uniform appearance. Some important tasks covered under the masonry restoration are: