We are your one stop Shields chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Shields chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Shields company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Shields chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Fixing Your Leaning Chimney Properly
Finally, if the chimney is constantly used and the required repairs are not done, the fire can possibly break out to other parts of your home. This is a life-threatening danger, and that is why chimney repair needs to be carried out occasionally.
If your home is old but the chimney is recent, think about the investment in getting your chimney repaired so as to safeguard your home. If you can perform any of the chimney repair work by yourself, you can bring down the expenses by working by yourself.
A total renovation of your chimney can be costly and in some cases going for up to hundreds of dollars. In some cases the cost can go up to thousands of dollars depending on the range of the work required and who you employ to perform the task.
If you want to hire the contractor to do a cleaning job as well, you can simply include that to the entire amount of your invoice.
Although you prefer to go about getting the work done, bear in mind that it will most likely in the long run cost you more if problems go without being dealt with due to the dangers in your house and since getting a chimney fully replaced is all the more costly.
Chimney repairs may seem like something you don't have to address immediately. A small crack may appear cosmetic, and you may not want to pay for them because you think they may be too costly; especially right now with Christmas right around the corner. However, it's also right before the weather turns cold and it's in cold weather that you will use your fireplace more than any other time of year. You can also rest assured that if you do not take care of chimney repairs immediately, they will become more costly than you could ever imagine.
Chimney Repair Expenses - A Brief Guide
- Chimney Repairs - Chimneys are essential for ventilating smoke away from your home. Structural damages to chimneys can be repaired and the color can be matched to hide traces of the repair work.
- Concrete Restoration - This is a crucial aspect where damages to the concrete surfaces are restored with the use of latest technology and equipment. These damages can occur from accidents or as a result of the elements in our region, wind, rain, snow and ice.
A brief Guide-Chimney Repair expenses
The cost of chimney repairing depends on the amount of the damage plus the service provider you select to get your chimney repaired. You must look for somebody with a background in doing excellent work. You should also go for someone who charges a competitive and decent fee in order to get the most from your money.
A plain clean-up might not cost you a lot of money; however a full upgrading or renovation of your chimney might cost considerably more. For example, new bricks might need to be changed and inserted inside the old bricks. This will charge you for both labor and parts. A complete clean-up will simply cost you labor hours.
The expenses of getting your chimney repaired might be rather as easy as having a chemical cleaning done to clear out the surplus carbon formed on the interior of your chimney due to excessive usage. This is a normal process which simply needs little mild scraping once you're done flaming your log.
If the external surface of your chimney is fully deteriorated, you will need to hire a service provider who can climb over on your rooftop and fix the problem.