We are your one stop Park City chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Park City chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Park City company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Park City chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Reasons to Reline Your Chimney
What you may not understand is the chimney affects the entire foundation of your house. After all, your house is built around your fireplace, so if there is a serious issue with your chimney, you may be dealing with much more than a simple repair. Chimney cracks and unsightly damage may be a sign of a much larger problem in your home, so it's important to address any and all types of mortar repairs before they become a potentially disastrous situation. If your chimney is not working properly, you may not even know it. To this end, it is very dangerous to use before having it inspected for any and all necessary repairs. Since the weather is turning colder, make major repairs to your chimney before winter sets in and stay both warm and safe.
- Chimney Repairs - Chimneys are essential for ventilating smoke away from your home. Structural damages to chimneys can be repaired and the color can be matched to hide traces of the repair work.
- Concrete Restoration - This is a crucial aspect where damages to the concrete surfaces are restored with the use of latest technology and equipment. These damages can occur from accidents or as a result of the elements in our region, wind, rain, snow and ice.
Top Five Things To Look For When Hiring A Chimney Sweep
While this method may work temporarily, many professional contractors with years of experience with leaning chimneys do not recommend this repair method. Ultimately, strapping the flue to the home does not resolve the issue of the settling with causes the movement of the chimney. This is a temporary fix that is not likely to offer long term success for some leaning chimneys.
There are more permanent, reliable options for leaning chimney repair. In order to determine the best method for repair the contractor will have to identify the cause of the settlement. Determining the source of the settlement is important to helping the contractor suggest the best method to fix the problem on a permanent basis. Those chimneys with very little foundation damage may be able to be repaired with the insertion of pins or stabilized with the insertion of a flue.
In many cases the damage of a chimney is so substantial that tuckpointing will not work. When this happens a chimney, and/or fireplace, rebuild is necessary. As a result of direct exposure to all aspects of weather (especially freeze-thaw cycles), the mortar that keeps the bricks held together will crack, allowing water entry. The brickwork is porous and becomes saturated. This creates the framework of the brick to degrade, which causes a safety concern for the chimney and for your home.