We are your one stop Third Lake chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Third Lake chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Third Lake company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Third Lake chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
How to Seal Chimney Flashing
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.
Chimney Inspection and Repair Keep Your Fireplace Working Safely - Have Your Chimney Assessed Yearly
Your fireplace offers cozy warmth to heat your home in winter, but did you realize that it can also be very dangerous to your home and family? Cracked linings, deteriorating mortar, and creosote buildup are all common problems that can lead to health and fire hazards. These problems may be hidden from your casual glance, but a thorough inspection by a professional chimney sweeper will reveal these issues. That's why annual chimney inspections are so important. With prompt repair, you can get your fireplace back in great working order and enjoy it safely for years to come!
An inspection is a simple, noninvasive visual assessment of the key elements of your fireplace and flue system. We recommend having a chimney inspection as part of your annual cleaning. Your chimney sweep will check for cracks, deterioration, or other problems with the flue, crown, brick, mortar, and flashing as well as the firebox and damper. Sometimes a video inspection is conducted to ensure there are no problems in hard-to-see areas. If problems are detected, it is important to have them addressed promptly. Issues involving cracks, mortar, and weather-based damage will get worse the longer they are left uncorrected.
In many cases the damage of a chimney is so substantial that tuckpointing will not work. When this happens a chimney, and/or fireplace, rebuild is necessary. As a result of direct exposure to all aspects of weather (especially freeze-thaw cycles), the mortar that keeps the bricks held together will crack, allowing water entry. The brickwork is porous and becomes saturated. This creates the framework of the brick to degrade, which causes a safety concern for the chimney and for your home.