We are your one stop Prairie View chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Prairie View chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Prairie View company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Prairie View chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Fixing Your Leaning Chimney Properly
A chimney sweep is needed to remove creosote deposits and other debris from chimneys and vents. Creosote buildup in chimneys can lead to chimney fires or flue blockages. During a chimney fire temperatures inside the chimney often exceed 2000 degrees and this can destroy your fireplace and may set your house on fire. In the event of a flue blockage, which may be caused by creosote or other debris such as animal nesting, dangerous fumes can be forced into your home. Fireplace cleaning or chimney sweeping is vital to protect the health and safety of your family and home. All chimneys, including the chimney for your furnace, should be inspected annually with sweeping performed as needed. Chimney inspections and cleaning help prevent costly and damaging chimney fires.
- Chimney Rebuild - In case of severe damage to chimney, you can get it rebuilt with adequate precaution to match its external appearance and surroundings.
During repairs and restoration, you can use creativity to bring refreshing changes. Use of cultured stones or artificial stone veneer can add a special look to existing walls. The use of these stones change the appearance of the usual contemporary design. In addition, masonry openings for windows and doors can be created complementing the new appearance of your home. Ideas are plenty; all you need is a perfect contractor with a good team with skill and lots of creativity. Redefine your home's identity with immaculate, creative redesigning or repair your brickwork to maintain its integrity. Gear up and get ready for the best concrete restoration.
Burn the Smart Way
Chimney fire is usually caused due to the improper cleaning and maintenance of the chimney. For better and safe chimney functions it is better to clean the chimney thoroughly once in a year, especially before winter season comes. Chimney cleaning is not a tough task; you can do it with little effort. However, you can take help of some professional chimney sweep.
- Breathing mask
- Chimney brush and chimney rods
- Drop cloths or old sheets
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Measuring tape
- Old clothes
- Small mirror
- Sweeping brush and pan or vacuum
- Weather-resistant mortar
When you get lots of moisture in a chimney, the water's solvent properties go to work on the water, concrete and bricks, slowing removing one particle at a time until you have fissures, and eventually, cracks, especially if you don't have a flue liner or other flue protection. If you're getting heavy use out of a chimney, you'll speed up the deterioration process.
You have a high-energy efficiency furnace. Today's high-efficiency furnaces save you money, but they also put a lot more moisture in the flue air than yesterday's lower-efficiency ones. All that moisture, again, increases the wear-and-tear on your chimney and flue.
You have an oil or gas furnace. In these cases, the problem is acid. Acidic vapors from burning gas and oil build up a residue and that eats away at your chimney from the inside out. This can cause cracks in the clay lining, especially, and leave you with potentially expensive repairs.