We are your one stop Wadsworth chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Wadsworth chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Wadsworth company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Wadsworth chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Does Your Chimney Need to Be Repaired?
The first step to determining if the flashing is the cause of the leak is to examine the chimney. The weakest points of the chimney are the top and sides. These are the areas that face the greatest UV and weather exposure, and therefore damage. Since is better protected, you will notice the side facing the ground does not have flashing. Inspect the base area for cracks or areas of water penetration.
The brick and mortar will expand and contract with seasonal change. Since the mortar is not elastomeric, this expansion and contraction can cause cracks. In addition, mortar is very porous and absorbs water that will freeze in cold climates. This freezing and thawing will destroy the mortar joint causing a potential leak and degrading the structural integrity of the chimney over time. Inspect the mortar joints for cracks.
If there are cracks in the chimney use a clear exterior elastomeric caulk to seal the cracks. You can also use an exterior masonary waterproofing sealant to coat the entire chimney. Be sure to use a clear elastomeric waterproofing sealant to maintain the color of the brick and mortar.
Cracks, leaks, and other problems can lead to house fires, carbon monoxide poisoning, and potentially dangerous situations, so it's important to follow up your chimney inspection with all necessary repairs. Chimney repair is always a job for professionals, so be sure that you use a qualified technician for complete, correct repair to keep your house and family safe. Common repairs include brick repointing, relining, and cap installation.
Repointing and Brickwork Repair: If the mortar in your chimney is eroding, it needs to be repointed. The mortar is essentially the glue holding the bricks in place, so if it begins to deteriorate, the bricks are no longer solidly held together--your chimney may crumble or collapse! Repointing ensures that the bricks remain in place and your chimney's structure stays sturdy. Missing or broken bricks should also be replaced to keep it looking and working great. Mortar repointing and brick repair not only address aesthetic issues, but they can also resolve chimney leaks and prevent deterioration.
Relining: Many older chimneys are lined with fireproof tiles or clay, but these materials can crack because of chimney fires and other problems. Once cracked, your liner can no longer do its job of protecting your chimney from extreme heat and preventing carbon monoxide leakage. This tile or clay liner should be replaced with a modern stainless steel lining for optimum protection.
Instructions For Cleaning and Fixing a Chimney
- Chimney Repairs - Chimneys are essential for ventilating smoke away from your home. Structural damages to chimneys can be repaired and the color can be matched to hide traces of the repair work.
- Concrete Restoration - This is a crucial aspect where damages to the concrete surfaces are restored with the use of latest technology and equipment. These damages can occur from accidents or as a result of the elements in our region, wind, rain, snow and ice.
We have over 40-years of experience in chimney cleanings, inspections, troubleshooting, masonry, venting, water intrusion, and animal control. Our company employs best practices for chimney lining, chimney rebuilding, cap and damper installations, gas logs, refinishing, furnace and hot water venting. Call today to schedule your appointment!