We are your one stop Round Lake Beach chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Round Lake Beach chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Round Lake Beach company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Round Lake Beach chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Types of Chimney Rebuilds
- Chimney Repairs - Chimneys are essential for ventilating smoke away from your home. Structural damages to chimneys can be repaired and the color can be matched to hide traces of the repair work.
- Concrete Restoration - This is a crucial aspect where damages to the concrete surfaces are restored with the use of latest technology and equipment. These damages can occur from accidents or as a result of the elements in our region, wind, rain, snow and ice.
Repairing Chimney Flashing Easily
Once you have completed the inspection of the chimney, take a look at the flashing and shingles around the chimney. If the shingles around the chimney are cracked or have holes then repairing the chimney flashing area is easily accomplished by sealing the shingles and the chimney flashing with an elastomeric roof coating. If you do not want unsightly black patches on your roof use a clear elastomeric roof coating designed for asphalt shingles.
Before applying the elastomeric roof coating, fill the cracks and holes with clear exterior elastomeric caulk. Next, following the manufactures instructions apply the elastomeric roof coating.
Although the best time for repairing chimney flashing is in warmer weather, some elastomeric roof coatings and caulk can be applied in below freezing and even on a damp roof surface.
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.
Our Chimney Sweep and Cleaning Services
What you may not understand is the chimney affects the entire foundation of your house. After all, your house is built around your fireplace, so if there is a serious issue with your chimney, you may be dealing with much more than a simple repair. Chimney cracks and unsightly damage may be a sign of a much larger problem in your home, so it's important to address any and all types of mortar repairs before they become a potentially disastrous situation. If your chimney is not working properly, you may not even know it. To this end, it is very dangerous to use before having it inspected for any and all necessary repairs. Since the weather is turning colder, make major repairs to your chimney before winter sets in and stay both warm and safe.
Masonry and Tuckpointing is often called to repair chimneys of historic structures common in Chicago. Older chimneys were built for the high heat of coal burning. These coal-burning heavy-duty chimneys are not ideal for today’s use of gas for heating and lead to increased water condensation and resulting damage including chimney cracks and leaks. Older structures and their chimneys often make it difficult to properly match the color of brick and mortar with today's materials. We have the experience and know-how to do it right.