We are your one stop Sylvan Lake chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Sylvan Lake chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Sylvan Lake company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Sylvan Lake chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Our Chimney Sweep and Cleaning Services
What causes cracks in your chimney and chimney flue? The answer matters -- if you don't think your chimney will develop cracks, you won't keep an eye out for them. And then you won't have the opportunity to make a quick repair before a small problem grows into a big one. That "big problem" can range from expensive repointing/brick replacement to dangerous gases leaking into your home, threatening the health of you and your family.
Here are five signs you have increased risk for chimney cracks:
- Chimney Rebuild - In case of severe damage to chimney, you can get it rebuilt with adequate precaution to match its external appearance and surroundings.
During repairs and restoration, you can use creativity to bring refreshing changes. Use of cultured stones or artificial stone veneer can add a special look to existing walls. The use of these stones change the appearance of the usual contemporary design. In addition, masonry openings for windows and doors can be created complementing the new appearance of your home. Ideas are plenty; all you need is a perfect contractor with a good team with skill and lots of creativity. Redefine your home's identity with immaculate, creative redesigning or repair your brickwork to maintain its integrity. Gear up and get ready for the best concrete restoration.
Does Your Chimney Need to Be Repaired?
Chimney fire is usually caused due to the improper cleaning and maintenance of the chimney. For better and safe chimney functions it is better to clean the chimney thoroughly once in a year, especially before winter season comes. Chimney cleaning is not a tough task; you can do it with little effort. However, you can take help of some professional chimney sweep.
- Breathing mask
- Chimney brush and chimney rods
- Drop cloths or old sheets
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Measuring tape
- Old clothes
- Small mirror
- Sweeping brush and pan or vacuum
- Weather-resistant mortar
Your chimney isn't properly protected. Making sure that your top plate and rain cap remain in good condition, to prevent moisture from running into the chimney. Rodents, tree limbs and severe weather can all damage these.
Another option to prevent moisture and acid buildup from putting such heavy wear-and-tear on your chimney are chimney flue liners. These products range from smooth wall liners that prevent moisture and acid from attaching to interior chimney walls at all to simple protective devices that catch that residue.
The bottom line: No matter what kind of chimney you have, regular inspections can help give you peace of mind. Visually inspect exterior walls, bricks and mortar for signs of cracking. Use your fingers to see if mortar remains firmly in place, or chunks away. For interior chimney inspections, consider a using an inspection mirror with a telescopic handle. Coupled with a flashlight, the mirror will help you conduct a visual inspection and spot any signs of cracking.