We are your one stop Round Lake Heights chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Round Lake Heights chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Round Lake Heights company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Round Lake Heights chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
What Causes Chimneys to Develop Cracks?
Your chimney isn't properly protected. Making sure that your top plate and rain cap remain in good condition, to prevent moisture from running into the chimney. Rodents, tree limbs and severe weather can all damage these.
Another option to prevent moisture and acid buildup from putting such heavy wear-and-tear on your chimney are chimney flue liners. These products range from smooth wall liners that prevent moisture and acid from attaching to interior chimney walls at all to simple protective devices that catch that residue.
The bottom line: No matter what kind of chimney you have, regular inspections can help give you peace of mind. Visually inspect exterior walls, bricks and mortar for signs of cracking. Use your fingers to see if mortar remains firmly in place, or chunks away. For interior chimney inspections, consider a using an inspection mirror with a telescopic handle. Coupled with a flashlight, the mirror will help you conduct a visual inspection and spot any signs of cracking.
We have over 40-years of experience in chimney cleanings, inspections, troubleshooting, masonry, venting, water intrusion, and animal control. Our company employs best practices for chimney lining, chimney rebuilding, cap and damper installations, gas logs, refinishing, furnace and hot water venting. Call today to schedule your appointment!
Masonry and Tuckpointing is often called to repair chimneys of historic structures common in Chicago. Older chimneys were built for the high heat of coal burning. These coal-burning heavy-duty chimneys are not ideal for today’s use of gas for heating and lead to increased water condensation and resulting damage including chimney cracks and leaks. Older structures and their chimneys often make it difficult to properly match the color of brick and mortar with today's materials. We have the experience and know-how to do it right.
Chimney Restoration and Repair
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.