We are your one stop Russell chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Russell chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Russell company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Russell chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
All About Chimney Repairs and Concrete Restoration
When you get lots of moisture in a chimney, the water's solvent properties go to work on the water, concrete and bricks, slowing removing one particle at a time until you have fissures, and eventually, cracks, especially if you don't have a flue liner or other flue protection. If you're getting heavy use out of a chimney, you'll speed up the deterioration process.
You have a high-energy efficiency furnace. Today's high-efficiency furnaces save you money, but they also put a lot more moisture in the flue air than yesterday's lower-efficiency ones. All that moisture, again, increases the wear-and-tear on your chimney and flue.
You have an oil or gas furnace. In these cases, the problem is acid. Acidic vapors from burning gas and oil build up a residue and that eats away at your chimney from the inside out. This can cause cracks in the clay lining, especially, and leave you with potentially expensive repairs.
Sometimes a chimney sweep Chicago just isn’t enough. Over time your chimney and fireplace can become worn and damaged due to weathering and moisture. Regular chimney maintenance is suggested to avoid costly repairs down the line. Often a chimney can be restored with some basic repair such as sealing, spot tuck-pointing or minor brick replacement. It is important to address water damage and flaking bricks early on. If your chimney is not properly maintained and cared for then more severe repairs may be required.
Why Should I Sweep My Chimney?
- Chimney Repairs - Chimneys are essential for ventilating smoke away from your home. Structural damages to chimneys can be repaired and the color can be matched to hide traces of the repair work.
- Concrete Restoration - This is a crucial aspect where damages to the concrete surfaces are restored with the use of latest technology and equipment. These damages can occur from accidents or as a result of the elements in our region, wind, rain, snow and ice.
Be aware that chimneys are the crux of your entire home. Properly maintain them by having them inspected by a professional and qualified chimney inspector before they need to be used each winter. Ensure your home is kept warm, and make sure your fireplace is in safe operating condition before putting your home and your family at risk. Don't wait for small chimney repairs to become major headaches in your life. Repair your chimney the first time you are aware of it, every time.