We are your one stop Port Barrington chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Port Barrington chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Port Barrington company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Port Barrington chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Instructions For Cleaning and Fixing a Chimney
Chimney/Furnace Cleaning - Fireplace Cleaning - Caps/Dampers - Gutter Cleaning - Dryer Vent Cleaning - Chimney Liners Chimney Rebuilding - Tuckpointing - Brick Replacement - Chimney Animal Removal - Emergency Unblockage Service Waterproofing - Flashing Repair - Crowns - Fireplace Repair - Window Glass Block - Parapet Wall
- Chimney Repairs - Chimneys are essential for ventilating smoke away from your home. Structural damages to chimneys can be repaired and the color can be matched to hide traces of the repair work.
- Concrete Restoration - This is a crucial aspect where damages to the concrete surfaces are restored with the use of latest technology and equipment. These damages can occur from accidents or as a result of the elements in our region, wind, rain, snow and ice.
Anyone that is dealing with a chimney that is settling or pulling away from a home needs to consult with a professional chimney repair company at once. There are many reasons why chimneys begin to detach from the rest of the home. The most cited reason is that the home is built on unsettled ground.
This can ultimately cause the heaviest part of a home, which is usually the flue, to detach as the ground or base begins to settle. This occurrence will make the vent very unstable and it does cause a significant safety hazard. Individuals that have chimney structural issues will need to consult with a professional company to fix the problem.
There are a number of solutions for a leaning chimney and some are better than others. One way to address the issue is with metal bars or cables. The contractor may suggest strapping the flue to the rest of the house for stability. This process involves adhering the flue to the rest of the home using a very strong material such as a metal strap.
Chimney Inspection and Repair Keep Your Fireplace Working Safely - Have Your Chimney Assessed Yearly
- Chimney Rebuild - In case of severe damage to chimney, you can get it rebuilt with adequate precaution to match its external appearance and surroundings.
During repairs and restoration, you can use creativity to bring refreshing changes. Use of cultured stones or artificial stone veneer can add a special look to existing walls. The use of these stones change the appearance of the usual contemporary design. In addition, masonry openings for windows and doors can be created complementing the new appearance of your home. Ideas are plenty; all you need is a perfect contractor with a good team with skill and lots of creativity. Redefine your home's identity with immaculate, creative redesigning or repair your brickwork to maintain its integrity. Gear up and get ready for the best concrete restoration.
Your fireplace offers cozy warmth to heat your home in winter, but did you realize that it can also be very dangerous to your home and family? Cracked linings, deteriorating mortar, and creosote buildup are all common problems that can lead to health and fire hazards. These problems may be hidden from your casual glance, but a thorough inspection by a professional chimney sweeper will reveal these issues. That's why annual chimney inspections are so important. With prompt repair, you can get your fireplace back in great working order and enjoy it safely for years to come!
An inspection is a simple, noninvasive visual assessment of the key elements of your fireplace and flue system. We recommend having a chimney inspection as part of your annual cleaning. Your chimney sweep will check for cracks, deterioration, or other problems with the flue, crown, brick, mortar, and flashing as well as the firebox and damper. Sometimes a video inspection is conducted to ensure there are no problems in hard-to-see areas. If problems are detected, it is important to have them addressed promptly. Issues involving cracks, mortar, and weather-based damage will get worse the longer they are left uncorrected.