We are your one stop Winthrop Harbor chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Winthrop Harbor chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Winthrop Harbor company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Winthrop Harbor chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
How to Seal Chimney Flashing
Chimney fire is usually caused due to the improper cleaning and maintenance of the chimney. For better and safe chimney functions it is better to clean the chimney thoroughly once in a year, especially before winter season comes. Chimney cleaning is not a tough task; you can do it with little effort. However, you can take help of some professional chimney sweep.
- Breathing mask
- Chimney brush and chimney rods
- Drop cloths or old sheets
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Measuring tape
- Old clothes
- Small mirror
- Sweeping brush and pan or vacuum
- Weather-resistant mortar
- Chimney Repairs - Chimneys are essential for ventilating smoke away from your home. Structural damages to chimneys can be repaired and the color can be matched to hide traces of the repair work.
- Concrete Restoration - This is a crucial aspect where damages to the concrete surfaces are restored with the use of latest technology and equipment. These damages can occur from accidents or as a result of the elements in our region, wind, rain, snow and ice.
Chimney Repair Expenses - A Brief Guide
Chimney/Furnace Cleaning - Fireplace Cleaning - Caps/Dampers - Gutter Cleaning - Dryer Vent Cleaning - Chimney Liners Chimney Rebuilding - Tuckpointing - Brick Replacement - Chimney Animal Removal - Emergency Unblockage Service Waterproofing - Flashing Repair - Crowns - Fireplace Repair - Window Glass Block - Parapet Wall
Fireplace chimney repair. Gas and wood fireplaces add beauty and value to your home, but they also add to your maintenance responsibilities. Fireplace chimney maintenance should take into account the unique nature of these chimneys such as fireplace liner systems, special fireplace caps and water condensation and accumulation of creosote and other residue. We're experts in the repair of Chicago fireplace chimneys. Waterproofing Chicago chimneys. Dampness in your attic is often the first sign of chimney trouble. Hairline cracks can occur even in new construction because of mortar shrinking during the curing process. Masonry materials are porous and absorb water. Defective mortar joints and deteriorating brick result and lead to even greater water damage. Several new products are effective at waterproofing chimneys. These new sealants allow the masonry to breathe out condensation but not take it in. We can discuss options with you to stop water damage and save you from the major expense of a rebuilding your entire chimney in the future.