We are your one stop Winthrop Harbor chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Winthrop Harbor chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Winthrop Harbor company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Winthrop Harbor chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Chimney Inspection and Repair Keep Your Fireplace Working Safely - Have Your Chimney Assessed Yearly
A chimney sweep is needed to remove creosote deposits and other debris from chimneys and vents. Creosote buildup in chimneys can lead to chimney fires or flue blockages. During a chimney fire temperatures inside the chimney often exceed 2000 degrees and this can destroy your fireplace and may set your house on fire. In the event of a flue blockage, which may be caused by creosote or other debris such as animal nesting, dangerous fumes can be forced into your home. Fireplace cleaning or chimney sweeping is vital to protect the health and safety of your family and home. All chimneys, including the chimney for your furnace, should be inspected annually with sweeping performed as needed. Chimney inspections and cleaning help prevent costly and damaging chimney fires.
Chimney repairs may seem like something you don't have to address immediately. A small crack may appear cosmetic, and you may not want to pay for them because you think they may be too costly; especially right now with Christmas right around the corner. However, it's also right before the weather turns cold and it's in cold weather that you will use your fireplace more than any other time of year. You can also rest assured that if you do not take care of chimney repairs immediately, they will become more costly than you could ever imagine.
How to Seal Chimney Flashing
While this method may work temporarily, many professional contractors with years of experience with leaning chimneys do not recommend this repair method. Ultimately, strapping the flue to the home does not resolve the issue of the settling with causes the movement of the chimney. This is a temporary fix that is not likely to offer long term success for some leaning chimneys.
There are more permanent, reliable options for leaning chimney repair. In order to determine the best method for repair the contractor will have to identify the cause of the settlement. Determining the source of the settlement is important to helping the contractor suggest the best method to fix the problem on a permanent basis. Those chimneys with very little foundation damage may be able to be repaired with the insertion of pins or stabilized with the insertion of a flue.
- Chimney Repairs - Chimneys are essential for ventilating smoke away from your home. Structural damages to chimneys can be repaired and the color can be matched to hide traces of the repair work.
- Concrete Restoration - This is a crucial aspect where damages to the concrete surfaces are restored with the use of latest technology and equipment. These damages can occur from accidents or as a result of the elements in our region, wind, rain, snow and ice.