We are your one stop West Miltmore chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge West Miltmore chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our West Miltmore company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a West Miltmore chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Fixing Your Leaning Chimney Properly
A brief Guide-Chimney Repair expenses
The cost of chimney repairing depends on the amount of the damage plus the service provider you select to get your chimney repaired. You must look for somebody with a background in doing excellent work. You should also go for someone who charges a competitive and decent fee in order to get the most from your money.
A plain clean-up might not cost you a lot of money; however a full upgrading or renovation of your chimney might cost considerably more. For example, new bricks might need to be changed and inserted inside the old bricks. This will charge you for both labor and parts. A complete clean-up will simply cost you labor hours.
The expenses of getting your chimney repaired might be rather as easy as having a chemical cleaning done to clear out the surplus carbon formed on the interior of your chimney due to excessive usage. This is a normal process which simply needs little mild scraping once you're done flaming your log.
If the external surface of your chimney is fully deteriorated, you will need to hire a service provider who can climb over on your rooftop and fix the problem.
Caps: Chimney caps keep water and animals out of your flue. Both can cause major damage and prevent your chimney from drawing correctly, so it's important to have a cap installed. We highly recommend screened caps to keep birds, bats, and other animals out.
If your fireplace is damaged, it's also important to have it repaired immediately. While many fireplace repair issues are simply aesthetic, you don't want to take any chances! Structural and other safety risks are possible with a damaged fireplace, so be sure your chimney professional inspects and repairs your fireplace as well as your chimney.
For safe fireplace function, have an annual fireplace and chimney inspection. By following through with all recommended repairs, you can rest easy knowing that your fireplace and chimney pose no danger to your home or your family!
The first step to determining if the flashing is the cause of the leak is to examine the chimney. The weakest points of the chimney are the top and sides. These are the areas that face the greatest UV and weather exposure, and therefore damage. Since is better protected, you will notice the side facing the ground does not have flashing. Inspect the base area for cracks or areas of water penetration.
The brick and mortar will expand and contract with seasonal change. Since the mortar is not elastomeric, this expansion and contraction can cause cracks. In addition, mortar is very porous and absorbs water that will freeze in cold climates. This freezing and thawing will destroy the mortar joint causing a potential leak and degrading the structural integrity of the chimney over time. Inspect the mortar joints for cracks.
If there are cracks in the chimney use a clear exterior elastomeric caulk to seal the cracks. You can also use an exterior masonary waterproofing sealant to coat the entire chimney. Be sure to use a clear elastomeric waterproofing sealant to maintain the color of the brick and mortar.
What Causes Chimneys to Develop Cracks?
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.
We have over 40-years of experience in chimney cleanings, inspections, troubleshooting, masonry, venting, water intrusion, and animal control. Our company employs best practices for chimney lining, chimney rebuilding, cap and damper installations, gas logs, refinishing, furnace and hot water venting. Call today to schedule your appointment!