We are your one stop Shields chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Shields chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Shields company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Shields chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Top Five Things To Look For When Hiring A Chimney Sweep
Maintenance and masonry repair work along with concrete restoration of your home becomes a herculean task due to several factors involved. Problems like spalled bricks are tough to repair. You need expert workmanship to undertake these crucial tasks as the safety and security of structural architecture depends on successful restoration work. For every homeowner, one's home is their most proud possession and its timely maintenance saves from serious damages in the future. Restoration work typically consists of removal of damaged parts and restoration with appropriate matching materials and style to offer a uniform appearance. Some important tasks covered under the masonry restoration are:
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.
When selecting your next chimney sweep look for these five qualifications
Your fireplace offers cozy warmth to heat your home in winter, but did you realize that it can also be very dangerous to your home and family? Cracked linings, deteriorating mortar, and creosote buildup are all common problems that can lead to health and fire hazards. These problems may be hidden from your casual glance, but a thorough inspection by a professional chimney sweeper will reveal these issues. That's why annual chimney inspections are so important. With prompt repair, you can get your fireplace back in great working order and enjoy it safely for years to come!
An inspection is a simple, noninvasive visual assessment of the key elements of your fireplace and flue system. We recommend having a chimney inspection as part of your annual cleaning. Your chimney sweep will check for cracks, deterioration, or other problems with the flue, crown, brick, mortar, and flashing as well as the firebox and damper. Sometimes a video inspection is conducted to ensure there are no problems in hard-to-see areas. If problems are detected, it is important to have them addressed promptly. Issues involving cracks, mortar, and weather-based damage will get worse the longer they are left uncorrected.