We are your one stop Round Lake chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Round Lake chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Round Lake company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Round Lake chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Types of Chimney Rebuilds
In many cases the damage of a chimney is so substantial that tuckpointing will not work. When this happens a chimney, and/or fireplace, rebuild is necessary. As a result of direct exposure to all aspects of weather (especially freeze-thaw cycles), the mortar that keeps the bricks held together will crack, allowing water entry. The brickwork is porous and becomes saturated. This creates the framework of the brick to degrade, which causes a safety concern for the chimney and for your home.
Sometimes a chimney sweep Chicago just isn’t enough. Over time your chimney and fireplace can become worn and damaged due to weathering and moisture. Regular chimney maintenance is suggested to avoid costly repairs down the line. Often a chimney can be restored with some basic repair such as sealing, spot tuck-pointing or minor brick replacement. It is important to address water damage and flaking bricks early on. If your chimney is not properly maintained and cared for then more severe repairs may be required.
Our CSIA-Certified Chimney Sweeps use state-of-the-art equipment to inspect and sweep 1st- and 2nd-story chimneys of all kinds, including oil-, wood-, and gas-burning chimneys. While sweeping your system, we ensure that it is in working order. We look for any problems that could prevent peak performance and recommend what is needed for your system to burn cleanly and safely. When necessary, we use video inspection camera equipment to examine hidden parts of the flue.
Why Should I Sweep My Chimney?
Chimney fire is usually caused due to the improper cleaning and maintenance of the chimney. For better and safe chimney functions it is better to clean the chimney thoroughly once in a year, especially before winter season comes. Chimney cleaning is not a tough task; you can do it with little effort. However, you can take help of some professional chimney sweep.
- Breathing mask
- Chimney brush and chimney rods
- Drop cloths or old sheets
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Measuring tape
- Old clothes
- Small mirror
- Sweeping brush and pan or vacuum
- Weather-resistant mortar