We are your one stop Rondout chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Rondout chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Rondout company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Rondout chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
How to Seal Chimney Flashing
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.
We have over 40-years of experience in chimney cleanings, inspections, troubleshooting, masonry, venting, water intrusion, and animal control. Our company employs best practices for chimney lining, chimney rebuilding, cap and damper installations, gas logs, refinishing, furnace and hot water venting. Call today to schedule your appointment!
Chimney repairs may seem like something you don't have to address immediately. A small crack may appear cosmetic, and you may not want to pay for them because you think they may be too costly; especially right now with Christmas right around the corner. However, it's also right before the weather turns cold and it's in cold weather that you will use your fireplace more than any other time of year. You can also rest assured that if you do not take care of chimney repairs immediately, they will become more costly than you could ever imagine.
What Causes Chimneys to Develop Cracks?
There are other more comprehensive methods of repairing a leaning flue which include totally rebuilding the chimney and reconstructing the fireplace. The pros and cons of each option should be thoroughly considered by people that are looking for ways to effectively fix the problem of a leaning flue on a permanent basis.
In all, the method that one chooses to fix a leaning vent is very important for long lasting results. When dealing with structural issues with a home, it is always best to consult with licensed, professional companies that will be able to provide valuable, reliable advice regarding leaning chimney repair.
Chimney fire is usually caused due to the improper cleaning and maintenance of the chimney. For better and safe chimney functions it is better to clean the chimney thoroughly once in a year, especially before winter season comes. Chimney cleaning is not a tough task; you can do it with little effort. However, you can take help of some professional chimney sweep.
- Breathing mask
- Chimney brush and chimney rods
- Drop cloths or old sheets
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Measuring tape
- Old clothes
- Small mirror
- Sweeping brush and pan or vacuum
- Weather-resistant mortar