We are your one stop Ringwood chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Ringwood chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Ringwood company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Ringwood chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Complete an Annual Cleaning
Cracks, leaks, and other problems can lead to house fires, carbon monoxide poisoning, and potentially dangerous situations, so it's important to follow up your chimney inspection with all necessary repairs. Chimney repair is always a job for professionals, so be sure that you use a qualified technician for complete, correct repair to keep your house and family safe. Common repairs include brick repointing, relining, and cap installation.
Repointing and Brickwork Repair: If the mortar in your chimney is eroding, it needs to be repointed. The mortar is essentially the glue holding the bricks in place, so if it begins to deteriorate, the bricks are no longer solidly held together--your chimney may crumble or collapse! Repointing ensures that the bricks remain in place and your chimney's structure stays sturdy. Missing or broken bricks should also be replaced to keep it looking and working great. Mortar repointing and brick repair not only address aesthetic issues, but they can also resolve chimney leaks and prevent deterioration.
Relining: Many older chimneys are lined with fireproof tiles or clay, but these materials can crack because of chimney fires and other problems. Once cracked, your liner can no longer do its job of protecting your chimney from extreme heat and preventing carbon monoxide leakage. This tile or clay liner should be replaced with a modern stainless steel lining for optimum protection.
- Brick Replacement - At times, bricks start to spall due to age and water exposure for prolonged periods. Severely deteriorated bricks can cause a major threat to the structure. A proficient contractor can replace these bricks, strengthening the structure and match the external color to give it a revitalizing fresh look.
- Masonry Color Matching - This is the most important aspect after any restoration work. The overall apprehension about your house begins with appearance and an expert contractor can match color with creativity and keep your place fresh and immaculate. Ideally the color matching should conceal the restoration signs and must offer a unanimous appearance to the structure. This feature becomes very critical during repairs and restoration of heritage structures with historical importance.
Why Choose Chicago Chimney Experts for your home services? We are certified, insured and licensed chimney sweeps We offer professional, prompt & courteous service. We help the customer to find a solution that best fits their need We specialize in chimney maintenance & repair. Chimney Rebuilding & New Construction: We replace damaged brick, stone or block using the best possible matching masonry units and mortar color available. Gutter Covers & Cleaning: Offering gutter cleaning and Leaf Guard covers is another way that we're telling our customers, "We'll take care of that too!". Gutter and Seam Repair, Cleaning, Rerouting - fix your drainage troubles at a fraction of the cost of new gutters, New Gutters and Downspouts - protect, beautify and add value to your home. Roofing Repairs & New Roof Construction: Stop leaks today and save money on costly repairs!
Chimney Restoration and Repair
Fireplace chimney repair. Gas and wood fireplaces add beauty and value to your home, but they also add to your maintenance responsibilities. Fireplace chimney maintenance should take into account the unique nature of these chimneys such as fireplace liner systems, special fireplace caps and water condensation and accumulation of creosote and other residue. We're experts in the repair of Chicago fireplace chimneys. Waterproofing Chicago chimneys. Dampness in your attic is often the first sign of chimney trouble. Hairline cracks can occur even in new construction because of mortar shrinking during the curing process. Masonry materials are porous and absorb water. Defective mortar joints and deteriorating brick result and lead to even greater water damage. Several new products are effective at waterproofing chimneys. These new sealants allow the masonry to breathe out condensation but not take it in. We can discuss options with you to stop water damage and save you from the major expense of a rebuilding your entire chimney in the future.