We are your one stop Hebron chimney shop!
- We eliminate the guesswork. And provide our customers cutting edge Hebron chimney repair technology.
- We are clean. And ensure our footwear never touches your floors. Our industrial vacuums collect the dust before it gets into your home while our trained technician sweeps and inspects the chimney flue.
- You are safe! We document every job with before and after photos, and the lead technician on the job is always certified. We also test for excess levels of carbon monoxide at no additional cost to you. Our Hebron company is about making your home safe.
We begin with a Hebron chimney inspection—which is one of the most important chimney services we offer, and one of the most misunderstood. The inspection determines the status of your chimney. We have created a page where specifics are listed. We are CSIA certified.
Fixing Your Leaning Chimney Properly
There are two common rebuilds of a chimney: partial and full. Partial chimney rebuilds are mostly done above the roof or the top few courses of a chimney, which generally also requires a new crown. Full chimney rebuilds consist of completely rebuilding the fireplace and chimney. This service consists of demolishing the outer layer of brick on a chimney system and adding a new crown. With a full rebuild, the firebox, smoke chamber, and hearth do not typically have to be replaced. Chimney rebuilds are required when the chimney is leaning, has extensive masonry damage,or vertical cracking has occurred.
1. Before starting working on a chimney, make certain that the fire has long burned out.
2. The first thing you need to do is to measure the interior diameter of the metal or prefabricated chimney by removing the chimney cap with measuring tape. In case you have masonry chimney design, gauge the length and width of the flue liner. Take a moderate length chimney brush according to the calculated measures. The brush should neither be too small nor too large.
3. Stiff bristled brush and rods are ideal for chimney cleaning. These are easily available at any hardware stores.
4. To prevent ash or soot escaping into the room, use duct tape or masking tape to attach the cloth or sheet to the fireplace opening.
5. Change your clothes and climb up to the roof top. Don't forget to keep your chimney rods, flashlight and brush with you before climbing on the roof. Wear goggles and breathing mask as well.
6. If your chimney contains cap, remove it and clean it with the brush.
7. Attach few rods with brush and put it inside the chimney. Keep adding rods until you feel that the brush is touching the damper assembly.
8. Now you are ready to clean the flue. Move brush in up and down direction and scrape it against the walls of the chimney. Remove all the creosote (in form of ash, soot or as black shiny hardened gaze or a black crunchy substance).
9. Clean the whole length of the chimney in the same way. Afterwards take a flashlight and examine the chimney for any signs of creosote.
10. If you find chimney clean from the top side, come down and proceed to clean the chimney from inside the home. Remove the sheet or cloth you attach before. Keep a drop cloth on the site where your will have to work. Clean the damper assembly and the side walls of the chimney with brush. Examine any remaining of the creosote with flashlight.
11. Now clean the surrounding of the fireplace with vacuum or simply sweep it with broom. Remove the drop cloth carefully. Now is the time to rub your equipment clean from creosote. Remove your goggles and breathing mask. Place the equipment at its storage place for future cleaning.
12. Don't forget to inspect your chimney for any damage signs while cleaning process. If you find any, consult professionals.
13. If mortar is loose or damage, clear it and apply new mortar on the surface. Cracks can also be filled with mortar. It is recommended to use weather resistant mortar to give long life to your chimney.
14. Inspect the flashing seals for any damage. Use caulk to prevent any leakage, especially at the joints between chimney and flashing.
- Always use breathing mask and eye safety goggles while working on chimney.
- Be careful about the surroundings while working on the roof top.
Maintenance and masonry repair work along with concrete restoration of your home becomes a herculean task due to several factors involved. Problems like spalled bricks are tough to repair. You need expert workmanship to undertake these crucial tasks as the safety and security of structural architecture depends on successful restoration work. For every homeowner, one's home is their most proud possession and its timely maintenance saves from serious damages in the future. Restoration work typically consists of removal of damaged parts and restoration with appropriate matching materials and style to offer a uniform appearance. Some important tasks covered under the masonry restoration are:
When is a Chimney Repair Not Enough?
- Chimney Rebuild - In case of severe damage to chimney, you can get it rebuilt with adequate precaution to match its external appearance and surroundings.
During repairs and restoration, you can use creativity to bring refreshing changes. Use of cultured stones or artificial stone veneer can add a special look to existing walls. The use of these stones change the appearance of the usual contemporary design. In addition, masonry openings for windows and doors can be created complementing the new appearance of your home. Ideas are plenty; all you need is a perfect contractor with a good team with skill and lots of creativity. Redefine your home's identity with immaculate, creative redesigning or repair your brickwork to maintain its integrity. Gear up and get ready for the best concrete restoration.
Why Choose Chicago Chimney Experts for your home services? We are certified, insured and licensed chimney sweeps We offer professional, prompt & courteous service. We help the customer to find a solution that best fits their need We specialize in chimney maintenance & repair. Chimney Rebuilding & New Construction: We replace damaged brick, stone or block using the best possible matching masonry units and mortar color available. Gutter Covers & Cleaning: Offering gutter cleaning and Leaf Guard covers is another way that we're telling our customers, "We'll take care of that too!". Gutter and Seam Repair, Cleaning, Rerouting - fix your drainage troubles at a fraction of the cost of new gutters, New Gutters and Downspouts - protect, beautify and add value to your home. Roofing Repairs & New Roof Construction: Stop leaks today and save money on costly repairs!